MEMBER OF EXCELLENCE
This award recognizes an associate or builder who exemplifies “volunteerism,” often behind the scenes. The award is given to a person who may not always seek a spotlight for his or her efforts, but, without them, our Chapter would not be as strong as it is.
|2011||Paul DiCecco||MJD Concrete|
|2012||Rich Villasenor||KB Home|
|2013||Joyce Mason||Pardee Homes|
|2014||Ben Rocca||Richmond American|
|2015||Sara Soudani||Commonwealth Land Title|
|2016||Alyssa Trebil||Duct Testers|
ASSOCIATE OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes an associate member who has contributed outstanding service during the past year to the building industry, to their community and to the association.
|2010||Matt Breiner||Oro Vista Corporation|
|2011||Jodi Bice and Michael Ellison||Hanley Wood|
|2012||Keith Ackerman||Champion Windows|
|2013||Hugo Osorio||SunCoast Post-Tension|
|2014||Henrik Nazarian||Hall & Foreman|
|2015||Darrin Shannon||Gothic Landscape|
|2016||Rick White||Larrabure Framing|
BUILDER OF THE YEAR
This prestigious award is annually bestowed upon the builder member who has brought the most credit to the industry through current and past service to the Association and to the community at-large.
|2010||Howard Press||Watt Communities|
|2011||Ted McKibbin||Standard Pacific Homes|
|2012||Shawn Evenhaim||California Home Builders|
|2013||Lance Williams||Williams Homes|
|2014||Ralph Pistone||Pardee Homes|
|2015||Tom DiPrima||KB Home|
|2016||Randy Johnson||Brookfield Residential|
LYNN JACOBS MEMORIAL AFFORDABLE HOUSING
This award is given in Lynn’s honor to a BIA Member that consistently and strongly acts as a mentor and friend while also helping Californians in their quest for affordable housing and providing guidance to the building industry as a whole.
|2016||Lynn Jacobs||Ventura Affordable Homes, Inc.|
This award is awarded to a BIA member, Public Official, or exceptional industry individual in appreciation for his/her philanthropic work, giving of their Time, Effort, and Dedication in helping less fortunate, women, men, children and/or families obtain basic life necessities, food, and/or shelter, thus helping them obtain personal growth, employment, and/or housing, while demonstrating compassion, concern and care to others less fortunate.
|2016||Manny Gonzalez||KTGY Architecture & Planning|
- Individuals and companies nominated or submitting an entry must be employed by an active BIA-LAV member company in good standing at the time the award is given.
- Entry forms must be completed in full. Partially completed forms may invalidate the nomination.
- An award winner from the previous year is not eligible to be nominated or re-enter in the same category they won the award in the previous year. Finalists are eligible and encouraged to enter or be nominated.
- Nominations due Wednesday, August 23, 2017 by close of business.
- Please contact Karen Moreno at 213-797-5963 or firstname.lastname@example.org